Home Insurance Yakima Washington
At Yakima Valley Insurance we have many home insurance options. We work with several A-Rated Home Insurance Companies which allows us to shop for the best price and the best coverage for each customer’s unique situation.
Home Insurance Agent
When looking for an insurance agent, the best place to start with is people you know. Ask friends and family for referrals to good local home insurance agents. The search for a good insurance agent is similar to searching for a good financial adviser or doctor, however make sure you understand what a home insurance agent really is. Home insurance is a more technical product that can get pretty complex based on your lifestyle, make sure you find a professional insurance adviser to work with so you don’t risk everything, just to save a few bucks.
A few considerations when searching for a home insurance agent
- How many companies do they have access to provide offers from? If they can only offer one company, this means they are captive to that one auto insurance company.
- If they have one insurance company name on their business card (American Family, Country, Farmers, StateFarm, etc. they are captive and are required to sell you that companies product even if it is not the best coverage for you.
- This also means they are just a sales person, not an adviser for you. Many times this is where people think they are saving money on auto insurance, but end up just buying less coverage.
- Are they required to provide a specific car insurance companies offer first like above? Some home insurance companies require their agents to offer their product first even if it is not right for you. Even a handful of independent agents are free to issue business on the commercial side, but they have committed to being captive on the personal auto and home side with one company
- Is the agent trying to get to know you so they can match your needs with the coverage’s you are searching for
- Be aware of agents who simply want to give you the cheapest car insurance price.
- If the new car insurance is less expensive, ask them what is missing! In our experience, most people end up just buying less because something was either missing that you already had or the insurance agent cut coverage
Yakima Valley Insurance Property Options:
- Home Insurance – For Homeowners who need Home and Property Protection.
- Condo Insurance – For Condo Owners who need Home &/or Property Protection.
- Renters Insurance – For Renters who need Personal Property Protection.
- Landlord Insurance – For Landlords who need Home &/or Furnishing Protection.
- Mobile Home Insurance – For Mobile Homeowners who need Home and Property Protection.
- Manufactured Home Insurance – For Manufactured Homeowners who need Home and Property Protection.
- Vacant Home Insurance – Protection for Homes while unoccupied for greater than 30 days.
- Builders Risk Insurance – Protection for Homes during the Course of Construction.
- Fire Insurance – Dwelling coverage for protection due to fire and listed perils.
Captive Insurance Companies
- American Family
- American National
- Country Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm Insurance
Captive Insurance Agents
- Local Insurance Agents that work for the above companies are restricted by the company they work for. While they may act like they are providing choices, they can only offer you the one product from the insurance company they work for. While the car insurance seems like it may fit your needs, many times you can purchase a better product from a different company at the same or less money.
Home Insurance Broker
- An home insurance broker is someone who does not have access to any one company but they can search the market for you. With this type of insurance professional, they will not have any authority with the home insurance company you choose, so the service to you will be limited.
Independent insurance agents
- The perfect balance of the two above, Independent Insurance Agents have authority with not one, but many different insurance companies. They are not forced to sell you something that doesn’t work for you. These guys and gals work hard to match your needs with affordable home insurance that fits your budget.
Home Insurance Companies
- Allstate Insurance
- American Modern Insurance Group
- First American Insuance
- Foremost Insurance
- Hartford Insurance
- Kemper Insurance
- MetLife Insurance
- Nationwide Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Travelers Insurance
Accidents can happen at any time. Having the right insurance can protect your home and everything in it, as well as keep your property covered from damages and accidents.
While standard Home Insurance can cover anything from fire and weather damage to injuries and theft, not all damages and accidents may be insured under a standard policy. That’s why it’s important to talk to an insurance specialist at Yakima Valley Insurance about specific coverage options that are applicable to your individual needs.
Don’t go another day without proper homeowners insurance. Keep your memories protected with the right policy from Yakima Valley Insurance.
Yakima Valley Insurance provides Home Insurance for residents near Yakima, Ellensburg, Sunnyside, Kennewick, Spokane and Walla Walla Washington.
Dwelling Coverage: This is the most important part of a homeowners policy, which includes coverage to help pay for repairs or to rebuild your home and other buildings on your property in case of a total loss.
Personal Property Coverage: This helps protect your belongings like your furniture, electronics, clothing, books, sporting goods and more. Your belongings are typically protected whether they’re at home or with you anywhere in the world!
If you’re home is uninhabitable after a covered loss, this coverage helps pay the cost of temporary housing and living expenses.
Most home insurance policies have coverage for things you may become legally liable for. Some common examples of family liability losses can be a dog bite, or if your horse gets loose and causes an auto accident. Personal Injury liability can help protect a homeowner from liable or slander lawsuits.
Most home insurance policies have coverage in case a guest is injured while on your property such as a slip and fall. Negligence is not typically required to trigger medical payments coverage.
Homeowners insurance protects one of life’s biggest investments. In case of the unexpected such as a house fire, roof damage from wind or water damage due to an ice dam, insurance for your home helps cover the cost to repair or rebuild. It also may cover other buildings on your property like a detached garage, fencing and landscaping. If the damage is extensive enough that your home is deemed uninhabitable, homeowners insurance also helps cover the costs of temporary housing and living expenses.